Lyman, Frederick C., Sr.
- Existence: 1891 - 1979
Found in 22 Collections and/or Records:
Includes two letters, dated 2/6/1965 and 10/24/1983, that recall the cruise decades later.
Includes a hand-drawn map of the Florida Keys and a diagram of the ship.
Includes 64 black and white photographs that document the cruise: of note are photographs of the yacht crew, landmarks in the Florida keys, and photographs of Havana and Miami in 1933.
List of Supplies and Equipment for trip from New York to Bergen in Voyageur, 6/15/1950-7/19/1950; 7/24/1950-9/3/1950
The collection includes World War II-era correspondence, yacht logs, and biographical material on the Lyman family.
A collection of newspaper clippings that have been photocopied for preservation. Three pages of clippings document Clara Lyman; one page documents F.C. Lyman Sr. and Lyman Jr., each.
The title page lists John C. Davis as the owner of the Malabar III; the document suggests that he rented the boat to the Lymans for their journey.
Includes 45 black and white photographs of harbors in and near Connecticut, in addition to photograph of F.C. Lyman, Sr., Clara Clark Lyman, and Charlotte Lyman (Fadermann).
Includes one watercolo
- Archival Object 21
- Collection 1
- Bahamas -- Description and travel 4
- New England -- Description and travel 4
- Yachting -- Atlantic Ocean 3
- Yachts -- Equipment and supplies 3
- Atlantic Coast (U.S.) -- Description and travel 2
- Bergen (Norway) -- Descrition and travel 2
- Reconstruction (1939-1951) -- Germany 2
- Yachting -- North Sea 2
- Armed Forces -- Officers 1
- Armed Forces -- Organization 1
- Barbados -- description and travel 1
- Belgium -- Decription and travel 1
- Bird watching -- Massachusetts 1
- Businessmen -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis. 1
- Class reunions -- Connecticut -- New Haven 1
- Coastal plants -- Massachusetts 1
- Copenhagen (Denmark) -- Description and travel 1
- Dominica -- Description and travel 1
- Florida Keys (Fla.) -- Description and travel 1
- Fort Jefferson (Fla.) 1 + ∧ less