Anna Whitcomb Papers
Description of Contents
One box and a scrapbook, including poems, snapshots, and travel diary of trip to Alaska in 1936.
- 1929 - 1980
- Whitcomb, Anna W. (Person)
The collection is available for use in Special Collections during the department's open hours.
Anna Whitcomb was a teacher and poet. Born in March 1886, she received her teaching certificate on June 2, 1919. Whitcomb taught 7th and 8th grade History and Geography at Lake Harriet School in Minneapolis for twenty-five years. Whitcomb was the president of the Minneapolis Poetry Society for several years. She died on August 14, 1980.
0.42 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
- American poetry -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- American poetry -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lake Harriet School (Minneapolis, Minn)
- Minneapolis Poetry Society
- Poets, American -- Minnesota. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Teachers -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Anna Whitcomb Papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.