Collection on the Saint Anthony Falls Club
Description of Contents
Two boxes. Collection consists of newspaper clippings about the Saint Anthony Falls Club and the club’s annual programs spanning 1903-1953.
- 1903 - 1953
- Saint Anthony Falls Club (Minneapolis, Minn.) (Organization)
The collection is available for use in Special Collections during the department's open hours.
The Saint Anthony Falls Club was organized in 1897 and federated in 1903. The purpose of the club was educational study. The official colors of the club were brown and maize. Each year a theme for study was selected. Meetings were held twice a month from September through April. Meetings were held every other Monday afternoon. (Note: from about 1932 until 1940 meetings were held on Tuesday afternoons). Meetings were held at the home of one of the members on a rotating schedule. In about 1938 a Drama Section, a Poetry Section and an International Section were added. These sections each met separately.
0.38 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
Siblings Carl, Mark and Paul Finney and Jane Wallen donated their grandmother's scrapbook on the club in 2012. Their grandmother Beatrice Ostberg was a long time member of the club. Accession 2000.52.
- Clubs -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis -- Societies and clubs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Collection on the Saint Anthony Falls Club
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.