Emma L. Brock Drawings and Other Material
Description of Contents
One drawing is a book plate reading "Minneapolis Public Library -- From the Edward M. and Effie R. Johnson Foundation Fund -- Given 1923" with a space for numbering the work.
The folio containing the work is labelled as "Gerhard Leerskov -- Minneapolis, Minnesota -- November 25, 1927."
- 1922 - 1929
- Brock, Emma Lillian (Person)
In 1929, Ms. Brock wrote and illustrated her first book titled Runaway Sardine. During her lifetime she wrote 36 books, almost all of which were published by Knopf. She liked to travel overseas, particulary to England and France, where many of her stories took place. Her book titled Here Comes Kristie (1942) was made into an NBC television special. Ms. Brock died on August 17, 1974.
1.5 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
- Authors, American -- Minnesota. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women authors, American -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women illustrators -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Emma L. Brock Drawings and Other Material
- Nick Steffel
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.