American Association of University Women: Minneapolis Branch, Pen Group Records
Description of Contents
One box of material from 1949 to 1973. Included are history, membership lists, programs for meetings and spring events, and secretaries’ books. The secretaries’ books include members who attended, what manuscripts were read, and summaries of discussions.
- 1949 - 1973
- American Association of University Women. Minneapolis Branch (Organization)
The collection is available for use in Special Collections during the department's open hours.
The Pen Group began in the late 1920's as a writer's workshop of the Minneapolis Branch of the American Association of University Women. The purpose of the group was: to promote creative writing by encouragement, stimulation, criticism, discipline; to share resources and market information; to encourage and invite other members of AAUW to join the group and express their feelings and experience in writing. The goals of the group are to write regularly and to sell their writing. At meetings members read their work and received criticism from members and often a professional writer.
0.21 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
- Women -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis -- Societies and clubs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women college graduates -- Minnesota. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- American Association of University Women: Minneapolis Branch, Pen Group Records
- Marla Siegler
- September 2008
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.