Collection on Margaret Mull
Description of Contents
- 1973 - 1990
- Mull, Margaret (Person)
During her time at the library she attempted to champion programs involving cultural outreach, and promoting reading for pleasure. She was well respected in the Minneapolis Library System for her frankness and openness with her colleagues. Also she was not afraid to help with the day to day work of the library. On many occasions she would help library pages with opening procedures in the morning.
Furthermore, she was a member of the Council of the American Library Association, as well as Chairman of the Minnesota National Library Week Committee. Also she served as Women's Director of the Minneapolis Chamber of Commerce Cultural Activities Committee, and board member of Minneapolis People to People. In 1964 she was named as Minnesota Librarian of the Year. She was the first to receive this honor. Mull passed away in 1990 at the age of 80.
1.67 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
- Librarians -- United States. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Libraries -- Minnesota -- Hennepin County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Library administrators -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nokomis Neighborhood (Minneapolis, Minn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Collection on Margaret Mull
- Benjamin C. Skinner
- July 2012
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.