Collection on the Authors Study Club
Description of Contents
Three boxes of materials from 1896-1959. The collection consists of newspaper clippings from the 1920‘s and 1930’s, club histories from 1896-1946 and an almost complete collections of programs from 1907-1959.
- 1896 - 1959
- Authors Study Club (Minneapolis, Minn.) (Organization)
The collection is available for use in Special Collections during the department's open hours.
Seven women organized the club on December 7, 1896. They decided to study authors and their works and called the club the Ladies Monday Literary Club. In February 1897, the name of the club was changed to the Authors Study Club. In 1904 the Club inaugurated reciprocity days with other clubs in the Fifth District.
1.04 Linear Feet (3 boxes)
Language of Materials
- Clubs -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis -- Societies and clubs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Collection on the Authors Study Club
- Katie Weiblen
- September 2008
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.