Frank Austin Carle Manuscripts and Newspaper Clippings
- 1911 - 1930
- Carle, Frank Austin (1851-1930) (Person)
The collection is available for use in Special Collections during the department's open hours.
Frank Austin Carle was born in Spencerport, NY, on July 21, 1851. He studied at the Universities of Wisconsin and Michigan, earning a BA in 1874. He started his journalistic career in Indianapolis in 1876, later working for papers in Portland, St. Paul and New York. He moved to Minneapolis in 1901, working as an editorial writer for the Minneapolis Tribune, then later the Minneapolis Journal. He retired from active newspaper work in 1916. He outlived his wife and daughter, passing away on January 21, 1930.
0.21 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
- Carle, Frank Austin (1851-1930)
- Journalists -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Frank Austin Carle Manuscripts and Newspaper Clippings
- Edward W. Hathaway
- September 2013
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.