Collection on the Minneapolis Press Club
Description of Contents
The Minneapolis Press Club Collection consists of one box of historical materials including legal documents, secretary books, and a few miscellaneous programs and publications.
- 1882 - 1892
- Press Club of Minneapolis (Minneapolis, Minn.) (Organization)
The collection is available for use in Special Collections during the department's open hours.
The Minneapolis Press Club was founded in 1882. The club was open to all persons connected with the editorial or reportorial departments of any daily or weekly newspaper published in Minneapolis. The purpose of the club was the "mutual benefit and the promotion of a fraternal feeling,-- a social club to aid in their professional and private lives. Meetings were held monthly on the first Sunday of each month and monthly dues were $.50.
1 boxes (1 box)
Language of Materials
- Journalism -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis -- Societies, etc. -- History. Subject Source: Local sources
- Journalists -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Press Club of Minneapolis (Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Collection on the Minneapolis Press Club
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.