Linda Gammell Photographs
Description of Contents
Over 160 photographs from 1974 of buildings and street scenes in the Dinkytown, Cedar-Riverside and University neighborhoods. Produced as a work for hire for the Minneapolis Public Library.
The physical collection is available for use in Special Collections during the department's open hours. Photographs from this collection are available in the Linda Gammell Collection in the Hennepin County Library Digital Collections.
The photographer Linda Gammell took these photographs for the Library in 1974 in conjunction with a display in the arcade of the old Central Library entitled "Ten Communities of Minneapolis." Gammell's photographs focused mainly on the Cedar-Riverside and Southeast neighborhoods.
0.2 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
- Cedar-Riverside Neighborhood (Minneapolis, Minn.) Subject Source: Local sources
- Dinkytown (Minneapolis, Minn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Prospect Park Neighborhood (Minneapolis, Minn.) Subject Source: Local sources
- University neighborhood (Minneapolis, Minn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Linda Gammell Photographs
- Bailey Diers
- September 2017
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.