Hotel Vendome Register
Description of Contents
The collection constists of two handwritten Hotel Vendome daily registers. One register contains guests from June 12, 1938 to July 31, 1939. The other register includes guests from May 22, 1912 to February 26, 1913. Each register entry contains guest names, home cities, and date of arrival. An additional column may indicate room number.
The 1912-1913 register was later used by the Frank Klinkner as an estate executor's diary for the estate of his father, Nicholas Klinkner. This register also contains limited World War II newspaper clippings and scrapbook materials added by the Klinkner family.
- 1912 - 1939
- Hotel Vendome (Minneapolis, Minn.) (Organization)
The collection is available for use in Special Collections during the department's open hours.
The Hotel Vendome operated from 1885 to 1959 at 11-23 S. 4th Street, between Nicollet and Hennepin Avenues, in downtown Minneapolis. On December 10, 1959, the hotel was the first of 200 buildings demolished as part of the Gateway area urban renewal project.
1 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
The 1930s register was purchased by the Hennepin County Library in 2018 as accession 2018.11. The 1910s register was purchased by Hennepin County Library from the family of Geraldine Klinkner Roesch in March 2021 as accession 2021.32.
This collection was processed by Jenna Himsl in May 2018. The 1930s register rebound at the time of accession. Additions made by Jenna Jacobs in April 2021.
- Hotel Vendome Register
- Jenna Himsl
- May 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.