Edina-Morningside Library Records
Description of Contents
This collection contains fact sheets, brochures, building information, newspaper clippings, correspondence, plans, maps, and other administrative records documenting the history of Morningside Library from 1937-2005. Bulk dates from the 1950s-1970s.
- 1936 - 1967
- Hennepin County Library (Organization)
The collection is available for use in Special Collections during the department's open hours.
The Morningside Library opened in 1935 as a storefront library alongside the local cinema. Morningside village was absorbed by Edina in 1966. The library was closed in 1978 due to budget cuts by the Hennepin County Library board and its materials were sent to the Edina Library.
0.21 Linear Feet (1 archival box)
Language of Materials
Fact sheets, brochures, building information, newspaper clippings, correspondence and other administrative records documenting the history and operations of Morningside Library in Morningside, Minnesota, later part of Edina, Minnesota, from 1935 to 1966. Morningside Library was part of the Hennepin County Library.
Portions of this collection (accession 2018.16) were previously managed by Hennepin County Library Officially Withdrawn, an organization for retired and former staff of Hennepin County Library and Minneapolis Public Library.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection contains materials transferred to the archives by Hennepin County Library administration in 2017 as accession 2018.38 and in 2018 as accession 2018.16.
This collection was processed by KP McClintock, supervised by Jenna Jacobs, from September to December 2018.
- Edina (Minn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Edina-Morningside Library
- Hennepin County Library Institutional Archive Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Libraries -- Minnesota -- Hennepin County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Morningside (Minn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Public libraries -- Minnesota -- Hennepin County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Edina-Morningside Library Records
- KP McClintock and Jenna Jacobs
- December 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.