Bloomington Library Records
Description of Contents
- Hennepin County Library (Organization)
In 1960, the Bloomington City Council created the Library Study Commission to determine the future of library service in the city. This commission was one of several city-led projects to plan the growth and structure of Bloomington's libraries. The Library Study Committee, formed in 1966, issued a final report in 1967 calling for the construction of four Bloomington branch libraries by 1980 with a possible growth to six locations. From the mid-1970s, the Bloomington Library Commission continued the work of the planning for Bloomington's libraries.
Penn Lake and Oxboro libraries opened in Bloomington in 1970 and 1975, respectively. Planning began for Bloomington West library, but it was never built. Bloomington Library closed in 1973.
0.42 Linear Feet (1 archival box)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Bloomington (Minn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hennepin County Library. Bloomington Library
- Libraries -- Minnesota -- Hennepin County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Public libraries -- Minnesota -- Hennepin County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Bloomington Library Records
- Jenna Jacobs
- November 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.