Groveland Library Records
Description of Contents
This collection contains fact sheets, newspaper clippings, and correspondence documenting the history of Hamel Library. Materials date from 1949 to 2007.
- Hennepin County Library (Organization)
The collection is available for use in Special Collections during the department's open hours.
In 1933, a Hennepin County Library station opened in Layman's Grocery store in Deephaven Park. A few years later, the library moved to nearby Groveland School on Minnetonka Boulevard. Although a public library, the library largely served the school population.
0.21 Linear Feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Fact sheets and other administrative records documenting the history and operations of Groveland Library in Minnetonka, Minnesota, from 1949-1951. Groveland Library closed in 1966. It was part of the Hennepin County Library.
Portions of this collection (accession 2018.16) were previously managed by Hennepin County Library Officially Withdrawn, an organization for retired and former staff of Hennepin County Library and Minneapolis Public Library.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection contains materials transferred to the archives by Hennepin County Library administration in 2017 as accession 2018.38 and in 2018 as accession 2018.16.
This collection was processed by Jenna Jacobs in July 2019.
- Hennepin County Library. Groveland Library
- Libraries -- Minnesota -- Hennepin County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minnetonka (Minn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Public libraries -- Minnesota -- Hennepin County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Groveland Library Records
- Finding aid prepared by Jenna Jacobs
- July 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.