Cliff Nyberg World War II Scrapbooks
Description of Contents
The collection consists of five scrapbooks detailing Cliff Nyberg's experience with the U.S. Army 11th Field Hospital during World War II. The scrapbooks include photographs, documents, ensignia, newspaper clippings, and assorted records.
- 1942 - 1945
- Nyberg, Clifford W. (Person)
The collection is available for use in Special Collections during the department's open hours.
Clifford William Nyberg was born in Cokato, Minnesota, on June 14, 1917. He enlisted in the U.S. Army and was sworn in at Fort Snelling on January 25, 1942. Nyberg served in the European theater of World War II with the 11th Field Hospital. In later life, he was president of the 11th Field Hospital Association and contributed to a book on the unit's history. He died in Minneapolis, Minnesota, in February 1980.
The U.S. Army's 11th Field Hospital served in North Africa, Italy, France, and Germany during World War II. The hospital was one of the U.S. Army's first Auxiliary Surgical Groups. These groups, which performed surgeries within battle zones, were later renamed Mobile Army Surgical Hospitals, or M.A.S.H.
5 Linear Feet (5 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection was donated by Clifford Nyberg circa 1980. It was accessioned as accession 2019.36.
This collection was processed by Jenna Jacobs in September 2019.
- Hospitals Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minnesota World War II Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Photographs. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States. Army. Field Hospital, 11th
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Hospitals Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cliff Nyberg World War II Scrapbooks
- Jenna Jacobs
- September 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.