Collection on the Coterie
Description of Contents
The collection is comprised of Coterie programs from 1892 to 1934 with duplicate copies for some years and missing programs for other years. The Coterie Constitution and By-Laws, 1880. Coterie meeting minutes 1934 to 1941. A Coterie history as printed in 1927.
- 1880 - 1941
- Coterie (Minneapolis, Minn.) (Organization)
The collection is available for use in Special Collections during the department's open hours.
The Coterie lays claim to greater age than of any other club in Minneapolis except the Tuesday Club. Coterie’s inception dates from the fall of 1880.
During the club’s history, literature had been the one unvarying pursuit, and every suggestion that the club depart from this study even for a time was met with disfavor from the membership. The 43 years devoted to literature had proved to many a liberal education. In 1927 there were still in the club membership many who were charter members.
The Coterie joined the Woman’s Council in April, 1892, and a few days later the General Federation of Women’s Clubs, joining the states federation in 1895. (History excerpted from 1927 newspaper clipping.)
0.42 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
- Clubs -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Literature -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis -- Societies and clubs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Collection on the Coterie
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.