Mary Stavaas Aquafollies Scrapbooks
Description of Contents
Three scrapbooks documenting Mary Stavaas participation in the Aquafollies during the 1940s-1950s, including performances at the Minneapolis Aquatennial and Seattle Seafair. The books contain newspaper clippings, print photographs, tickets, member directories, and correspondence.
- Young, Mary Stavaas (Person)
The collection is available for use in Special Collections during the department's open hours.
Mary Stavaas was a member of the AquaBelles, a performing group in the Aquafollies, from 1948 through 1952. Born May 6, 1932 in Onalaska, Wisconsin, she graduated from Minneapolis Central High School in 1949. Stavaas attended the University of Minnesota and Minnesota School of Business and worked as a private secretary at Pillsbury. She married Guy Stanley Young in 1954, and the couple raised four children. Mary Young died August 20, 2009.
1 Linear Feet (3 volumes)
Language of Materials
This collection was acquired in February 2019 as accession 2019.04.
This collection was processed by Jenna Jacobs in December 2022.
- Festivals -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minneapolis Aquatennial (Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Summer festivals -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mary Stavaas Aquafollies Scrapbooks
- Jenna Jacobs
- December 2022
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.