Heatherdale Study Club Records
Description of Contents
Types of materials: programs, minutes, reports, miscellaneous publications, correspondence, clippings.
- 1916 - 1982
- Heatherdale Study Club (Minneapolis, Minn.) (Organization)
By 1916, Heatherdale was a part of the Fifth District Minnesota Federation of Women’s Club, which was a part of the General Federation of Women’s Clubs of Minnesota. The Heatherdale Club would use the Rules of Order followed by the Fifth District Minnesota Federation of Women’s Clubs. An act granting a charter to the General Federation of Women’s Clubs was enacted by the congress in March 3,1901 and amended by an Act approved in April 28, 1904. The objective was to unite women’s clubs and like organizations throughout the world for the purpose of their common interest in education, philanthropy, public welfare, moral values, civics, and fine art. They were to have dues and an annual convention.
Heatherdale Study Club founded in 1915 thrived until 1982 when it was disbanded. Some of the members or their relatives were active from inception and helped celebrate the organization’s twenty-fifth and fiftieth anniversaries.
1.67 Linear Feet (4 boxes)
Language of Materials
- Clubs -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Heatherdale Study Club (Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Women -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis -- Societies and clubs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Heatherdale Study Club Records
- April 2000
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.