Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Identifier: M/A 0009
Description of Contents The collection consists of 1 box containing 8 folders.Folders 1-4 and Folder 6 consist of a typewritten manuscript of Ms. Brink's 1961 book The Twin Cities with many handwritten corrections and notes throughout. Folder 5 contains a typewritten manuscript of the book's index with handwritten corrections and notes.Folder 7 contains various clippings and correspondence related to Ms. Brink. Included are clippings from Minneapolis...
Dates: 1930 - 1981
Identifier: M/A 0301
Description of Contents The James K. Hosmer Collection consists primarily of biographical information and correspondence.
Dates: 1891 - 1929
Identifier: M/A 0077
Description of Contents The collection consists of biographical material and 1 folder containing 9 sheets of original drawings done by Ms. Brock for the book Memoirs of a London Doll. The book was published in 1922, and written by Richard H. Horne. The drawings are done in ink on heavy stock. Some drawings contain handwritten notes regarding their placement or sizing in the printed work. One drawing is dated December 29, 1929. Some also note Ms. Brock's address on the rear as "33...
Dates: 1922 - 1929
Identifier: M/A 0054
Description of Contents One box. The Edwin W. Rawlings collection includes biography materials, miscellaneous clippings, and other miscellaneous items dealing with writing and publishing an autobiography. Also includes a copy of the manuscript Born to Fly, which was written in 1987.
Dates: 1932 - 1997
Identifier: M/A 0244
Description of Contents The Emily Peake Research Materials Collection consists of three boxes. Each box contains research notes and manuscript materials for Jane Pejsa's biography about Emily Peake. The notes and materials are organized chronologically like the book, and all the folders are labeled with chapter or section titles.
Dates: 1920 - 1995
Identifier: M/A 0053
Description of Contents One box. The Rev. John W. Powell Collection consists biographical clippings, an obituary, and a baccalaureate speech delivered at University of Minnesota on June 9, 1940. It also includes a bound handwritten manuscript entitled Isaiah.
Dates: 1911-1953, undated
Identifier: M/A 0243
Description of Contents The Peter P. Quist collection consists of two boxes. Box one includes the manuscript drafts and the final printed version of his memoirs. It also includes materials pertaining to the Augustana Synod Laymen's Pension Committees, the Minnesota Railway and Warehouse Commission (written in Swedish), and the Scandinavian Relief Association of Red Wing. Box two includes professional materials from his position as the State Weighmaster for grain.
Dates: n.d., 1904-1930
- Subject: Authors, American -- Minnesota. X
- Businessmen -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis. 2
- Women authors, American -- 20th century. 2
- College teachers -- Minnesota. 1
- Illustrators -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis. 1
- Indians of North America -- Mixed descent -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis -- Biography. 1
- Librarians -- United States. 1
- Minneapolis (Minn.) -- Description and travel 1
- Ojibwa Indians -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis -- Biography. 1
- Ojibwa women -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis -- Biography. 1
- Public librarians -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis. 1
- Saint Paul (Minn.) -- Description and travel 1
- Swedish Americans -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis -- History 1
- Women illustrators -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis. 1 ∧ less
- Brink, Carol Ryrie 1
- Brock, Emma Lillian 1
- Hosmer, James K. 1
- Peake, Emily 1
- Pejsa, Jane 1