Showing Collections: 241 - 270 of 468
Correspondence compiled by Howard S. Abbott. Most letters are incoming correspondence addressed to Howard S. Abbott, William Lochren, Oliver Mink, or J.D. Springer from 1864 to 1942. All men are connected to Abbott, often through his relationship with the railroads. The bulk of the documents are routine correspondence without obvious topics. The William Lochren series contains many letters addressed to Lochren as Commissioner of Pensions (1893-1896).
1 box of 11 manuscript music scores by composer Hugo Goodwin.
Consists of 53 black and white photos with captions and date, though not chronologically arranged. Also includes photos of the Godfrey Road Viaduct construction.
The collection contains 69 posters printed at the M.W. Savage International Stock Food Company, including advertisements for Savage products and drawings of Dan Patch.
Transcripts from 15 interviews conducted between 1990 and 2008 by Iric Nathanson with individuals involved in the Minneapolis Community Development movement. The documents are formated like statements from the interviewees, i.e. there are not questions or dialogue.
One box of 7 manuscripts of music scores by composer J. Victor Berquist.
The bulk of the images are of Minneapolis and suburban buildings. There are also a couple dozen of St. Paul buildings.
The collection consists of one scrapbook compiled by Jane Dohm during her undergraduate years at the University of Minnesota from 1945 to 1949. Dohm was a member of the Delta Gamma sorority and the scrapbook primarily chronicles the sorority's dances and events. Contents include photographs, correspondence, event programs, newspaper clippings, and corsages.
The Emily Peake Research Materials Collection consists of three boxes. Each box contains research notes and manuscript materials for Jane Pejsa's biography about Emily Peake. The notes and materials are organized chronologically like the book, and all the folders are labeled with chapter or section titles.
Types of material in collection include correspondence, newspaper clippings, meeting minutes, studies, statistics, and reports prepared by the activists organizations, School Board, City Planning, Jean Ward and others. Includes floor plans for the building in 1956 and revisions for the community center design.
834 Black & White 4x5 negatives taken in the late 1940s by Minneapolis photographer John Glanton. Includes scenes from both Minneapolis and St. Paul.
The collection includes over 200 black-and-white photographs taken by John H. Kammerdiener of buildings and locations in Minneapolis and the Twin Cities. The bulk of the photographs are building exteriors. Original photographs consist of print photographs and sheet negatives on safety film. The best point of access to the photographs is the Hennepin County Library Digital Collections, where photos are identified by subject, date, and location.
The collection consists of two boxes containing various clippings, correspondence, memoribilia and ephemera related to Mitchell's family and personal life, his advertising agency and the Minneapolis Advertising Club and his work with the Boy Scouts of America. The collection also includes various photographs of Minneapolis and Southern Minnesota taken during the late 19th and early 20th century.
One box. The Rev. John W. Powell Collection consists biographical clippings, an obituary, and a baccalaureate speech delivered at University of Minnesota on June 9, 1940. It also includes a bound handwritten manuscript entitled Isaiah.
Fact sheets, brochures, building information, newspaper clippings, correspondence and other administrative records documenting the history and operations of Jordan Library in Minneapolis, Minnesota, from 1922 to 1971. Jordan Library was part of the Minneapolis Public Library and closed in 1971. Located inside Jordan Junior High School, the library served both the school and local communities. The Minneapolis Public Library and Hennepin County Library merged in 2008.
The collection consists of two processed boxes of photographs, one box of biographical information and newspaper clippings, and a variety of unprocessed materials. Unprocessed materials include publications, newspaper clippings, correspondence, and other materials created or compiled by Zalusky and his daughter, Ruth Thorstenson.
The collection consists of a scrapbook, programs, photographs, realia, and a
My Golden School Days journal belonging to Loretta Samels and her daughter June Loretta Taylor. Both women attended St. Margaret's Academy in the early 1900s, and the materials relate to this school.
- Libraries -- Minnesota -- Hennepin County 77
- Public libraries -- Minnesota -- Hennepin County 77
- Women -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis -- Societies and clubs. 74
- Clubs -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis. 70
- Branch libraries -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis 29
- Photographs. 21
- City planning -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis. 15
- Music -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis 13
- Minneapolis (Minn.) -- History 12
- Community development -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis. 11
- Parks -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis 11
- Community organization -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis. 10
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 10
- Minneapolis (Minn.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. 9
- Musicians -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis. 9
- Women in charitable work -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis 9
- Businessmen -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis. 8
- Literature -- Societies, etc. 8
- Minnesota -- Politics and government 8
- Theater -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis -- History 8 ∧ less
- German 1
- Norwegian 1
- Swedish 1
- Hennepin County Library 73
- Minneapolis Public Library 38
- Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board 8
- Minneapolis Public Schools 5
- Neighborhood Revitalization Program (Minneapolis, Minn.) 4
- Tourist Club (Minneapolis, Minn.) 4
- West High School (Minneapolis, Minn.) 4
- Countryman, Gratia A. (Gratia Alta) 3
- Minneapolis (Minn.). City Planning Department 3
- Minneapolis Aquatennial (Minneapolis, Minn.) 3
- Minneapolis College of Art and Design 3
- Minneapolis Morning Tribune (Minneapolis, Minn. : 1909) 3
- Minneapolis Public Library -- Employees 3
- Monday Club (Minneapolis, Minn.) 3
- Star Tribune (Minneapolis, Minn.) 3
- University of Minnesota 3
- Wells, Martha C. 3
- Abbott, Howard S. (Howard Strickland) 2
- Alternates (Minneapolis, Minn.) 2
- Argosy Club (Minneapolis, Minn.) 2 ∧ less