All About Kids! Video Recordings
Description of Contents
U-matic tapes and digital copies of 220 All About Kids! television episodes created from 1988 to 1995 (episodes 1-220). Each recording includes an introduction by host, Gretchen Wronka, and an interview with guests addressing topics related to children and child welfare. Frequent topics include books, educational curricula, government services, and local resources.
- 1988 - 1995
- Hennepin County Library (Organization)
- Wronka, Gretchen (Host, Person)
- Carlson, Dave (Person)
Access is available through digitized copies of the original tapes. All video recordings from this collection are available in the Hennepin County Library Organization Records in the Hennepin County Library Digital Collections.
Airing from 1988 to 1999, All About Kids! was a local television program for parents and adults who work with children. The series focused on children and family issues, including children's literature, education, and community resources for children and families. Most episodes featured a central interview or panel discussion on a given theme. Shorter segments, including book reviews and special announcements about local events, were occasionally included. All About Kids! aired on Metro Cable Network/Cable Channel 6 on Tuesdays at 7:00 p.m. as a half-hour program, hosted by Gretchen Wronka. The series ended after 283 episodes.
From 1988 to 1995 (episodes 1-220), All About Kids! was produced by the Hennepin County Library. Gretchen Wronka, Children's Services Coordinator for the library, oversaw production and hosted the program. Most episodes were taped at the Ridgedale Library production studio, with editing managed by Dave Carlson.
After the Ridgedale Library production studio closed, All About Kids! was produced by Metronet and the Minnesota Center for the Book from 1996 to 1999 (episodes 221-283). Production was coordinated by Sherry Lampman, Mary Treacy, Gretchen Wronka, and Dave Carlson.
10 Linear Feet (220 U-matic (3/4") videotapes)
Language of Materials
This collection was donated by Dave Carlson in March 2020 as accession 2020.05.
This collection was processed by Michael Homolka and Jenna Jacobs from December 2020 to November 2021.
- Children -- Services for Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hennepin County Library Institutional Archive Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Libraries -- Minnesota -- Hennepin County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Television programs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Video recordings Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- All About Kids! Video Recordings
- March 2021
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.