Atawasios Club Programs
Description of Contents
Includes the programs for the Chicago Avenue Literary Club which changed its name to Atawasios Club in April 1903. The collection contains programs from 1896 to 1952 with some missing years. Programs include officers, program and presenters for each meeting, constitution and by-laws, members and addresses, and reference books for topic of the year.
- 1903 - 1952
- Atawasios Club (Minneapolis, Minn.) (Organization)
The collection is available for use in Special Collections during the department's open hours.
This women's club was organized as the Chicago Avenue Literary Club in October 1894. The later name was adopted in April 1903. The object of the club was the study of literature, history and kindred subjects in the United States and foreign countries.
1 boxes (1 box)
Language of Materials
- Chicago Avenue Literary Club (Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Clubs -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Literature -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis -- Societies and clubs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Atawasios Club Programs
- Marla Siegler
- September 2008
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.