Collection on the Current Events and Literary Society Collection
Description of Contents
The collection consists of programs from 1902 to 1967 with some missing years. A club history from 1942. Approximately fifty general newspaper clippings dating from 1916 to 1967.
- 1902 - 1967
- Current Events and Literary Society (Minneapolis, Minn.) (Organization)
The collection is available for use in Special Collections during the department's open hours.
The Current Events and Literary Society was organized in Minneapolis, Minnesota in May of 1892. It joined the General Federation of Women’s Clubs that same year, and later became a member of the Minnesota Federation of Women’s Clubs. The Society was principally assembled for the study of current events of more than ordinary interest and the discussion of topics in current literature.
0.21 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
- Literature -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis -- Societies and clubs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Collection on the Current Events and Literary Society Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.