Collection on the Zetetic Club
Description of Contents
Collection consists of newspaper clippings concerning the Zetetic Club, a history of the club written by some of its members, and the club’s yearbook spanning 1903-1967.
- Creation: 1903 - 1967
- Zetetic Club (Minneapolis, Minn.) (Organization)
The collection is available for use in Special Collections at Minneapolis Central Library during the department's open hours.
The Zetetic Club was founded in 1897 and was federated in 1900. The club was founded by a group of women who had previously been meeting less formally in their homes and studying various topics of interest. After being incorporated, the club kept membership limited to 20 people. By 1943 the club was limited to 30 active members and 10 associate members.
The object of the club was the mutual improvement of its members in the study of art and literature, but it was quickly broadened to include history, civics and topics of general interest. Topics varied from year to year as the interests of the club members changed.
0.21 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
The first president of the club was Mrs. P. M. Thompson. Among the charter members were Mrs. J. H. Prown, Mrs. W. R. Hoag, Mrs. A. Livingston, Mrs. George Plowman, Mrs. F. J. Scriver, Mrs. P. M. Thompson, and Mrs. J. S. Thompson, all of whom lived in Southeast Minneapolis.
- Collection on the Zetetic Club
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.