Court House Branch Records
Description of Contents
This collection contains handwritten annual reports documenting the activities of the Court House Branch Library in 1910 and 1912.
- Creation: 1910 - 1912
The collection is available for use in Special Collections at Minneapolis Central Library during the department's open hours.
The Court House Branch of the Minneapolis Public Library opened September 1, 1906. The branch replaced an earlier service point in City Hall. Emma Nilsson was the first branch librarian. Since the Main Library was located south of downtown, the Court House Branch was the main service point for downtown library patrons until the opening of the Business Branch in 1916. The Court House branch closed in 1920.
0.1 Linear Feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Annual reports documenting the history and operations of the Court House Branch Library in Minneapolis, Minnesota, from 1910 to 1912. The Court House Branch Library was part of the Minneapolis Public Library. The Minneapolis Public Library and Hennepin County Library merged in 2008.
Materials from before 2008 were included in the Minneapolis Public Library archives (accession 2019.25).
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection contains materials transferred to the archives by Hennepin County Library administration in 2017 accession 2019.25.
This collection was processed by Jenna Jacobs in July 2021.
- Court House Branch Library Records
- Jenna Jacobs
- July 2021
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.