Daughters of the American Colonists Minnesota Society Scrapbooks and Other Material
Description of Contents
The collection consists of nine boxes, including DAC Year Books from 1949-1967 (with some missing years), general newspaper clippings from the Minneapolis Times and Minneapolis Tribune from 1924-1956, and twelve scrapbooks from 1922-1961.
- 1922 - 1967
- Daughters of the American Colonists. Minnesota Society (Organization)
The collection is available for use in Special Collections during the department's open hours.
Daughters of the American Colonists (DAC) Minnesota Society was organized September 27, 1922 and incorporated June 24, 1924. The objective of the Society was to "be patriotic, historical, and educational; to make research as to the history and deeds of the American colonists, and to record and publish the same; to commemorate deeds of Colonial interest; to inculcate and foster love of America and its institutions by all residents, to obey its law and venerate its flag, the emblem of its power and civic righteousness."
2.46 Linear Feet (9 boxes)
Language of Materials
The 1940-1943 scrapbook, previously cataloged as MHC 369.12 fD23 v.6, was added to the collection by Jenna Himsl in July 2018.
- Daughters of the American Colonists
- United States -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775 -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Daughters of the American Colonists Minnesota Society Scrapbooks and Other Material
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.