Excelsior Library Records
Description of Contents
This collection contains fact sheets, brochures, building information, newspaper clippings, correspondence, plans, maps, and other administrative records documenting the history of Excelsior Library from 1922 to 2014.
- 1922 - 2014
- Hennepin County Library (Organization)
The collection is available for use in Special Collections during the department's open hours.
Library service to the South Lake communities of Deephaven, Excelsior, Greenwood, Shorewood and Tonka Bay was established beginning in 1922, when the library was housed out of the White House Hotel. For several decades, the library operated out of various locations in the community, with the first permanent library location opening on Third Street in 1965. In 2014, the library moved to a new building on Water Street in the heart of downtown Excelsior.
0.42 Linear Feet (2 archival boxes)
Language of Materials
Fact sheets, brochures, building information, newspaper clippings, correspondence and other administrative records documenting the history and operations of Excelsior Library in Excelsior, Minnesota, from 1922 to 2014. Excelsior Library is part of the Hennepin County Library.
Portions of this collection (accession 2018.16) were previously managed by Hennepin County Library Officially Withdrawn, an organization for retired and former staff of Hennepin County Library and Minneapolis Public Library.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection contains materials transferred to the archives by Hennepin County Library administration in 2017 as accession 2018.38 and in 2018 as accession 2018.16.
This collection was processed by KP McClintock, supervised by Jenna Jacobs, from September to December 2018.
- Excelsior (Minn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hennepin County Library Institutional Archive Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Hennepin County Library. Excelsior Library
- Libraries -- Minnesota -- Hennepin County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Public libraries -- Minnesota -- Hennepin County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Excelsior Library Records
- KP McClintock and Jenna Jacobs
- November 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.