Logan Park Library Records
Description of Contents
This collection contains fact sheets, brochures, building information, contracts, newspaper clippings, correspondence, plans, maps, and other administrative records documenting the history of Logan Park Library from 1912 to 1963.
- 1912 - 1963
- Hennepin County Library (Organization)
- Minneapolis Public Library (Organization)
The collection is available for use in Special Collections during the department's open hours.
Logan Park Library opened in the new field house in Logan Park on June 23, 1913. To serve the predominately immigrant community in northeast Minneapolis, the Library and the Minneapolis Board of Park Commissioners coordinated to offer programs and classes in the park. In 1957, the library moved to rented quarters at 1224 2nd St. NE and was became Pierre Bottineau Library.
0.1 Linear feet (3 folders)
Language of Materials
Fact sheets, brochures, building information, newspaper clippings, correspondence and other administrative records documenting the history and operations of Logan Park Library in Minneapolis, Minnesota, from 1912 to 1963. Logan Park Library was part of the Minneapolis Public Library. The Minneapolis Public Library and Hennepin County Library merged in 2008.
Materials from before 2008 were included in the Minneapolis Public Library archives (accession 2019.25). Portions of the collection (accession 2018.16) were previously managed by Hennepin County Library Officially Withdrawn, an organization for retired and former staff of Hennepin County Library and Minneapolis Public Library.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection contains materials transferred to the archives by Hennepin County Library administration in 2017 accession 2019.25.
This collection was processed by Jenna Jacobs in July 2021.
- Branch libraries -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis Subject Source: Local sources
- Hennepin County Library Institutional Archive Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Libraries -- Minnesota -- Hennepin County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Logan Park Neighborhood (Minneapolis, Minn.) Subject Source: Local sources
- Minneapolis Public Library. Logan Park Library
- Public libraries -- Minnesota -- Hennepin County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Logan Park Library Records
- Jenna Jacobs
- July 2021
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.