Minneapolis Council of Parent-Teacher Associations Yearbooks and Directories
Description of Contents
The collection consists of yearbooks or directories from the Minneapolis Council Parent Teacher Association spanning the years 1925-1973. Included in each yearbook are lists of each committee and their purpose; membership and officer lists for specific schools and neighborhoods; constitution and by-laws; parent-teacher prayer; and important meeting dates.
- 1925 - 1973
The collection is available for use in Special Collections during the department's open hours.
The purpose of the Minneapolis Council of Parent-Teacher Associations was as follows: “To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, church, and community. To raise the standards of home life. To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth. To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the training of the child. To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for every child the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.” Membership consisted of teachers and parents across the Minneapolis School District and neighborhoods.
0.42 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
- Child welfare -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis. Subject Source: Local sources
- Council of Parent-Teacher Associations (Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Education -- Societies -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Parents' and teachers' associations -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minneapolis Council of Parent-Teacher Associations Yearbooks and Directories
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.