Minneapolis Council of Women's Organizations Records
Description of Contents
Two boxes. The collection consists of seven record books (1892-1901), several clippings from the 1890's, miscellaneous publications, treasurer's reports, and correspondence from the 1890s.
- 1892 - 1901
- Minneapolis Council of Women’s Organizations (Organization)
The collection is available for use in Special Collections during the department's open hours.
The Minneapolis Council of Women’s Organizations began in April 1892 by women's associations interested in education, literature, art, social reform, and philanthropy. The aim of the Council “shall be to bring the various associations of women of Minneapolis into closer relations through a medium of communication, and assist in prosecuting any work of general interest to the Council or community at large; but no Society entering the Council shall thereby lose its independence in aim or method.” In other words, this organization gave the opportunity for women’s organizations to work and come together in various efforts in the Minneapolis area, but also remain autonomous.
0.67 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
- Clubs -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis -- Societies and clubs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women in charitable work -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women in community organization -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minneapolis Council of Women's Organizations Records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.