Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board Records
Description of Contents
This collection is currently being arranged and preserved. The finding aid is not complete. If you have questions, please contact Special Collections staff.
Committee materials, correspondence, subject files, petitions, oversize maps, and other administrative records created by the Minneapolis Board of Park Commissioners (now the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board) from the 1890s to 1960s.
Most materials are organized by committee and are most easily located through references in the Board Proceedings, which are also available in Special Collections.
- 1880s - 1960s
- Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (Organization)
The physical collection is available for use in Special Collections during the department's open hours. Selected maps, plans, and architectural drawings from this collection are available in the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board Collection in the Hennepin County Library Digital Collections.
124 boxes (124 boxes)
Language of Materials
- Land use -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis -- Planning. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board
- Outdoor recreation -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis Subject Source: Local sources
- Parks -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board Records
- Gage Backman, Jenna Jacobs
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.