Minnetonka Library Records
Description of Contents
This collection contains fact sheets, brochures, building information, newspaper clippings, correspondence, plans, maps, and other administrative records documenting the history of Minnetonka Library from 1923 to 2011. Bulk dates from 1970s-1990s.
- 1923 - 2011
- Hennepin County Library (Organization)
The collection is available for use in Special Collections during the department's open hours.
Adjacent to Purgatory Creek and Park, Minnetonka Library sits on land once occupied by the historic Westburg House and Farm in western Minnetonka. Library service to this area of Hennepin County began in the late 1800s, when the library was housed in office space in the Fletcher-Loring Flour Mill at Minnetonka Mills. For over a century, the library operated out of various locations in the community. The first permanent location opened on Excelsior Boulevard in 1989.
1.26 Linear Feet (3 archival boxes)
Language of Materials
Fact sheets, brochures, building information, newspaper clippings, correspondence and other administrative records documenting the history and operations of Minnetonka Library in Minnetonka, Minnesota, from 1923 to 2011. Minnetonka Library is part of the Hennepin County Library.
Portions of this collection (accession 2018.16) were previously managed by Hennepin County Library Officially Withdrawn, an organization for retired and former staff of Hennepin County Library and Minneapolis Public Library.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection contains materials transferred to the archives by Hennepin County Library administration in 2017 as accession 2018.38 and in 2018 as accession 2018.16.
This collection was processed by KP McClintock, supervised by Jenna Jacobs, from September to December 2018.
- Hennepin County Library Institutional Archive Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Hennepin County Library. Minnetonka Library
- Libraries -- Minnesota -- Hennepin County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minnetonka (Minn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Public libraries -- Minnesota -- Hennepin County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minnetonka Library Records
- KP McClintock and Jenna Jacobs
- December 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.