Model City Communications Center Records
Description of Contents
Correspondence, brochures, and publications from the Model City Communications Center. Materials created between 1970 and 1975.
- 1970 - 1975
- Feehan, David M. (Person)
- Model City Communications Center, Inc. (Organization)
The collection is available for use in Special Collections during the department's open hours.
Part of the Model City project in South Minneapolis, the Model City Communications Center provided outreach for Model City. The Communications Center also provided publicity and public relations services to other local non-profit organizations and became known as the Minneapolis Communications Center. Activities of the Model City Communications Center included trainings for citizen participation and life skills, coordinating with local groups and individuals to respond to community needs, and creating publications and audiovisual materials. As part of its outreach, the center produced a free local newspaper called "The Paper."
David Feehan was Community Contact Coordinator and later Director of the Model City Communications Center.
0.21 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
This collection was donated by David Feehan in May 2022 as accession 2022.22.
This collection was processed by Jenna Jacobs in May 2022.
- Human services -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minneapolis Model City (Program) Subject Source: Local sources
- Minneapolis Model City Program
- Public relations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Model City Communications Center Records
- Jenna Jacobs
- May 2022
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.