Plymouth Library Records
Description of Contents
This collection contains fact sheets, brochures, building information, newspaper clippings, correspondence, plans, maps, and other administrative records documenting the history of Plymouth Library from 1964 to 2012.
- 1964 - 2012
- Hennepin County Library (Organization)
The collection is available for use in Special Collections during the department's open hours.
The first free-standing library for the City of Plymouth was built in 1995. Prior to that, the library was housed in several locations around Plymouth. The new library soon outgrew its space, and in 2008, expansion plans were made. In 2010, today’s Plymouth Library opened to the public with sustainable and state-of-the-art features.
1.68 Linear Feet (4 archival boxes)
Language of Materials
Fact sheets, brochures, building information, newspaper clippings, correspondence and other administrative records documenting the history and operations of Plymouth Library in Plymouth, Minnesota, from 1964 to 2012. Plymouth Library is part of the Hennepin County Library.
Portions of this collection (accession 2018.16) were previously managed by Hennepin County Library Officially Withdrawn, an organization for retired and former staff of Hennepin County Library and Minneapolis Public Library.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection contains materials transferred to the archives by Hennepin County Library administration in 2017 as accession 2018.38 and in 2018 as accession 2018.16.
This collection was processed by KP McClintock, supervised by Jenna Jacobs, from September to December 2018.
- Hennepin County Library Institutional Archive Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Hennepin County Library. Plymouth Library
- Libraries -- Minnesota -- Hennepin County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Plymouth (Minn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Public libraries -- Minnesota -- Hennepin County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Plymouth Library Records
- KP McClintock and Jenna Jacobs
- December 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.