Today Club Programs and Newspaper Clippings
Description of Contents
One box. Collection consists of annual programs spanning 1902-1956 and newspaper clippings from 1903-1920.
- 1902 - 1956
- Today Club (Minneapolis, Minn.) (Organization)
The collection is available for use in Special Collections during the department's open hours.
The Today Club was founded on April 17, 1897. The object of the club was to "be the mutual improvement of its members in literature and cultivation of the social qualities." Membership was limited to 28. Every year a topic of study was chosen (e.g. Shakespeare, South America). Papers on the chosen topic of study were presented by members at the meetings, which were held every other week. The meetings locations varied, but were typically held at the home of one of its members.
0.21 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
- Clubs -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Literature -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis -- Societies and clubs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Today Club Programs and Newspaper Clippings
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Hennepin County Library Special Collections Repository
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN 55401 U.S.A.